Sunday, October 04, 2009

ok, so I am behind....ok, so a lot behind.

My hubby always asks me "how is it possible to get behind on a hobby?". Well, the answer is easy. Really and truly, easy. Especially when that hobby is scrapbooking. I loved to take a ton of pictures everywhere we went and for every occasion. As my daughter has grown, I take less and less. It saddens me that I do not have as many exciting things to take pictures of. Dani already has her first crawl, her first steps, her first run, her first of every holiday. She has outgrown so many things. I realized scrapbooking my nephews' pages how much the kids have all outgrown. How did time fly by so quickly? And I realize, I wish I was behind in life as well. Sometimes, we go to fast and never truly appreciate the little moments in life. I would do anything to capture Dani's 1st look of awe the first time she saw a Christmas tree and really understood the magic of the holiday. The look of love on my face the moment I met my daughter for the first time. Some of these moments I will never get back. They are gone forever. But the ones I did capture, every last one of them--all deserve special scrapbook pages. And so what if I am behind. More time to justify scrapbooking when I am.

Speaking of, I am spending a scrapbook day with my sis this coming Saturday, October 10th at her place. The kids can keep each other company, her hubby can watch the youngest son and her and I- well we can get busy making each moment count. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment